Yeah... I'm posting again because I'm bored.
After working on our project this afternoon we realized we didn't actually have class again so we went out to run some errands in the rain. Both of my roomies brought voltage converters but both of them have either been fried or simply do not work so I was going to get one since we now don't have one... we also had to find a sim card for one of the girls (cell phone deal). We ran all over the city and kept getting told to go in different places. We ended up at the railroad terminal which is basically a big mall. We didn't get ANYTHING that we meant to get though. The sim card store (which we FINALLY found) didn't have any left so we have to go back tomorrow and we could only find plug adapters, not voltage converters. That might become a problem although we're borrowing from another room for now.
That was my evening. Oh and it was raining really hard so we just went to the snack bar across the street. I found chicken and potatoes there :) I've been missing chicken.. don't get me wrong, I love pasta but I really miss chicken and they don't seem to have it anywhere here. They are big into pork (if you've never had it go get some Pruschetta...I believe it's dried ham, SO GOOD!) - oh and I totally butchered the spelling of that one.
Now we're just chilling. Tomorrow should be more interesting, I think we're going to be seeing a lot of famous paintings and such. Monday will be the Vatican day so that's fun, and then most of the rest of next week is tests and then it's off to Florence! Time is starting to fly. I miss home though... but I'm definitely cherishing this experience because really how many in your times do you get to do something like this? (apparently twice... haha)
Anyways, I'll stop boring you. I love you all!
Ash
P.S. It's in the 40's here dad, it's actually not that bad as far as weather goes. It should be getting colder when we get to Florence and Venice because they are North of here and Venice is on the water. I've actually been trying to find a new Winter coat here... my old one is falling a part and I don't love the one I just got. They have some cute coats here and since tomorrow is technically Christmas for them (it's the Epiphany) a lot of the stores have been having MAJOR sales. I'm also thinking I might need something a little bit warmer than what I have when we get to Florence and Venice. We'll see though... only if it's a good deal haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yes darling, you did butcher the spelling. its Prosciutto. its really good when you wrap it around cantalope or honey dew. or with chicken and provalone cheese. i could go on and on.
Hi Ash, Oh, say hi to the pope for me!! Yea, was wondering how the weather is. 40 is better then Minnesota. I just got home from work. I am going to kick back and relax. I guess we are different. I can sit on a beach and stare out at the ocean or here just sit and stare at the mountains. I never get bored. Ummmm, maybe cuz, my mind is always going, trying to think of nasty comments. LOL Have a good time Sunday. DD
Scooter!! I can have the coat you don't love any more!! You always look for a reason to shop!
Also - you get back on a Thursday and I think me and Mom are planning on going up north that weekend to paint and/or tile. If you want to come along, you're more than welcome!
Love you!!
Post a Comment