Hello Again!
Today we had a short lecture and then went to see a lot of churches. One of them was "the pope's church". This houses the chair where the pope must sit before he can actually become the pope! He holds mass there as well. I believe it had the burial of John the Baptist but I might be getting that one confused with one of the other Disciples... Here all churches have relics in their alters. We went to one that supposedly had wood from the manger in its alter. It was very cool. The churches were so beautiful. We also saw this smaller church which had the oldest known mosaic in it. It was pretty... we saw a lot of frescos (paintings done with plaster) as well. Seeing art that is SO old makes my head spin a little. The paintings were so pretty...
It's also interesting because I have been learning about the different styles in my class. It's a lot of history and history of art and how these things were used as visual communication. A lot of it was propaganda. They used the immense buildings and such to show power.
After this the girls in my room and I went shopping :) I got a cute sweater... I'm a little excited
I think tonight we are going to get something to eat and then go to a pub that is having karaoke night... that should be interesting. A lot of people were excited about it though so I figured I'd give it a shot!
That's about it, keep leaving comments :) I love reading them... it makes me feel like I'm not SO far away...
I love you all!
Ash
P.S. Dad: Raphael was a famous artist... try google...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What did you think your dad would assume you were talking about the ninja turtle? lol
Read his comment from my last blog...
So you weren't talking about the Ninja Turtle?? Hmmm.... Oh well!! I love the updates!! You are having so much fun and even shopping!! How are you going to get THAT back home in your bags??? I thought you repacked 8 times in order to fit what you were bringing. I can't wait to see pics!!! Don't get bombed at the pub!
Post a Comment