Hello all,
Today was our last day in Rome. A large part of our group decided to shop and go to the zoo but my roommates and I decided to tour around. We ended up going with our professor and his wife and basically saw the entire city again. It was awesome. We got to walk down into the forum (the ruins) and got a closer look at that- which I've been DYING to do. We went to a couple of museums about different aspects of the forum and other ruins. We also went to a couple of churches. One had several paintings done by Carravagio who is one of my favorite painters. His work is simply beautiful, he uses lighting really well and the scenes are so emotional. We saw The conversion of St. Paul and The Crusifiction of St. Peter (I believe that's what they were called- you can try to google it if you want). Then we went into this church which had a crypt made entirely of the bones of monks. They literally had mosaics made out of leg bones and skulls and several skeletons. It was really ... interesting. It was a good day overall. I'm glad we spent the day running around the city-you're only in Rome once right? I figure I can shop at home, and already did that here and I can go to the zoo at home too.
Now my roommates and I are going to go to dinner at a place we went the other night that was good- 15 euros for 4 courses! We'll see if anybody else wants to join us. Then we'll probably just come back and shower and pack. We have to catch our train to Florence at 10 tomorrow.
Last night we did go out though. We went half way across the city to this piazza (square) that had a ton of bars. Ironically it was filled with drunk American students. We kept running into a group from Miami. It was fun although I came back with the earlier group. It's not as fun once everybody starts to get obnoxious. (I still don't get the big deal with drinking but that's ok).
That's about it. We don't have computer access in Florence so I might not be on as much unless there is an internet cafe near by. If I do get a chance though I might do a couple of days posts at once- so they are still written as separate blogs/posts but they will just appear at the same time.
I love you all and miss you tons!
Ashley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't wait to see all the pictures from Rome! Now that I've heard about all of this, the pictures will really make a lot of sense I think.
Don't forget to get Mom's rocks. You know how she gets! Not much is going on here. Took Jersey to Mom's today - she seemed quite content. The boys are pretty mellow without her - they just sleep all the time.
I had a spurt of energy the last couple days, where I only wanted to sleep like 10 hours... now it's catching up with me again and I'm back to 12+ hours.... 3 weeks left of the first trimester. Then I'll get my energy back!
I can't wait to hear about Florence!! I love you!!
Sounds exciting Ashley! I think you got most of Rome in while you have been there. Oh, did you notice Mom's new handle "Cathouse"!! Nice, and you guys think I am over the top sometimes. I can't believe this nice conservative Republican lady uses "Cathouse" as a handle. Anyway, let's talk about me! It was sunny and 70 today. I sat outside for awhile. Other then that I didn't do anything. Have a safe trip to Florence!! Remember Daddy loves you!
Post a Comment