Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Day 10

Today we got to see the Pope!

One of the boys got tickets and we attended the "audience with the pope". It was in this big auditorium and people were cheering as if he was a superstar. They would repeat almost everything in about 5 different languages too. Each person/cardinal would stand up and announce certain groups from certain areas. Had we been smart we could have had our group announced. Oh well. When they announced this group of nuns they went crazy and started chanting- I totally got it on video. It's super cute/funny. A lot of people were waving flags and scarves too. And he blessed everybody. There was even a bride there!

It was pretty cool, minus the fact that most of it was in Italian and there was a screaming child in front of us. Oh, and they did the "our father" in Latin! I have it written on the back of my ticket... it was pretty cool.

Hopefully we'll do well on our test today since we are blessed and all ;)

That's it for now, we are going to be studying all day. Our midterm is at 7PM, noon for all those in MN. I'm not sure what's going on tonight, me and another girl might just chill in the rooms like I did last night and see if we can get a movie in English somehow. I think our professor said he had some but they might be educational... we'll see. Tomorrow is Pompeii and it'll be an early day and a long train ride but it should be amazing. Last night I stayed back in the hotel while everybody went out. I'm not really a bar girl and I was looking forward to a little quiet time alone, I made a few calls, did a little studying, and went to be early. It was actually really nice- even though it makes me a loser :P

I hope all is well in the States! I'm almost half way done with this crazy experience which is ridiculous. Time goes by so fast here because we are doing so much. We have only two morning of lecture before our next midterm and then a week later we are done with the entire course. Time is really flying... this is amazing.

I love you all and hope everybody had a good day!
Ash

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Pope! your Grandma Betty will be so proud. Of course I will put a different slant on this. "Yea, Ashley ran into the Pope the other day." She'll faint.

Remember Sister Marguarite? I told her one time, when she came to visit, as she noticed my Red Noter Dame cap. "Where in the world did you get that?" she asked. She had not seen me in years. I told her, "Sister, you might not remember I went to Noter Dame" Without missing a beat she said, "Well, if you did you went right in the front door and out the back." Yea, for a Nun she was pretty quick!

The time goes fast. Like I said before, Ashley. "life is really only measured by Memories"

Hopefully, they are good ones! Most of mine are, even the not so good ones. Good Luck on your mid-term! DD

Kelly said...

Scooter! You're not a loser for staying back.. you just like your quiet time, you always have. I'm glad you do get that option, so you aren't going crazy with all the 'togetherness' that is inherently Europe. I'm not aware of the time difference - in your next post or if you email me, let me know. I'm not around tonight, but if you get phone call time I'm around Thursday 6-9 and Friday 6-9 and Sunday. I love You!!